When posting comments, please observe our site participation guidelines:
- be respectful of others who use this site
- stay on topic
- do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes, but is not limited to, swearing and obscene or vulgar comments)
- do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- do not use this site for party political purposes (this site is paid for with public money so it’s inappropriate to engage in party-political activity)
- please do not post personal information in comments such as addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other online contact details, which may relate to you or other individuals
- do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation
- do not attempt to log on using another user’s account
- do not make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication not relevant to the discussion
If you are aged 16 or under, please get the permission of your parent or guardian before participating. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate.
Blog comments are pre-moderated to check they comply with the DVLA blog participation guidelines above. If comments don’t comply they will not be published.
Here is a brief outline of how we evaluate comments.
Is this comment on topic, does it add value to the discussion and can DVLA answer publicly? If so, we’ll respond as soon as we can before the comments facility closes.
Is this person asking for information or detail relating to another DVLA channel eg is it a general customer query? If so, we’ll provide the user with the correct contact details so that they can re-submit the query through the correct channel.
Does this comment raise an issue with DVLA content on GOV.UK, a tool or transaction? Or is it reporting a bug or performance problem? If so, we’ll alert the DVLA/GDS team responsible for fixing the content, tool, transaction or issue and tell the user this has been done.
Is this comment a rant at DVLA venting frustration or anger? If so, we’ll not publish the post, we’ll monitor and discuss with the digital communication team first, referring to the participation guidelines.