As well as opening presents, pulling crackers and tucking into your turkey on Christmas day a lot of you also found the time to use our digital services. We saw this repeated on New Year’s Day too.
Transacting online is now second nature. More and more of us use it for shopping, banking, information and entertainment. We know that people want to access government services at a time and place that suits them, so it was no surprise that over the holidays people were going online to tax their vehicles, apply for a driving licence and buy registration numbers.
This reinforces our commitment to building seamless, easy to use, cost effective digital services that suit everyone’s different needs and lifestyles.
If you’re a fan of a figure or two, here are some of the key stats from the festive period:
On Christmas day...
- Nearly 14,000 vehicles were taxed online
- 6,112 viewed their driving licence
- more than 1,500 applied for their first provisional driving licence
- 1,295 told us their new address
- 629 bought a personalised registration number
- 447 drivers over the age of 70 went digital to renew their driving licence
- 91 customers also went online to pay a fine
New Years day...
- More than 130,000 vehicles were taxed online
- 9,734 viewed their driving licence
- 4,964 told us their new address
- 3,265 applied for a first provisional driving licence
- 2,087 applied for a duplicate licence
- 2,010 drivers over the age of 70 renewed their driving licence.